Our business depends on it, so environmental responsibility is a serious matter at Caley Seafoods.
Environmental regulations, laws and codes of practice set the minimum standards of our environmental performance: Our team is committed to pollution prevention across our operations and to continuous improvement:
- Use of environmentally safe and sustainable energy sources.
- Environmental impact assesment throughout the life cycle of our products; procurement, processing, customer use and disposal.
- Conserving precious resources through careful planning, maximising product yield, operational efficiency in the use of all resources and shortest route to market to preserve freshness.
- Sustainable waste management is a big part of our strategy, reducing consumption and recycling materials wherever possible.
- Waste collection, disposal and recycling is carefully managed. Cardboard is recycled; processing waste is removed by licensed contractors.
- We go beyond offering fresh seafood with the shortest route to market; we work with logistics providers on fuel reduction and lowering emissions by coordinated route planning and schedules.
- Staff training includes understanding, implementing and maintaining continuous improvements at all levels and across all activities.